Thursday, February 11, 2010

WORST MOTHER OF THE YEAR AWARD!

In the last week, I have taken my son down a death trap, (also known as a twirly slide) and twisted his ankle. I have whacked him in the face with a screen door, (Daddy was carrying him, and I thought Daddy had the door) and today, to top off the glorious week, I just smashed his left thumb in the door jam. Anything else, and I'm afraid they're going to take him away from me! Honestly, could I mangle my child any more? It is ridiculous.

Anyone else out there have a week like this?! Am I the only one?! Help me friends! Lift my spirits! I can't be such an accidentally terrible mother!

With Love,
Suz

2 comments:

Olivia Carter said...

Oh goodness! SO NOT the worst mother in the world!

I've smashed both my babies fingers in the door. I've fallen down the stairs hold Berto (though I took the brunt of that fall so he didn't die) but I'm an UBER blutsy mommy and they survive. I think it's normal.

I had a rough week too. Did you see that my kids ran out the front door while I was on the potty. Ugh. Nightmare day today plus being sick. I feel you!

Writing class Saturday. Hopefully that will help.

Cranberryfries said...

Oh for sure. I've done things like that before too. Not fun.
The awful thing seems to be too that a few things happen close to each other like that.