Monday, February 8, 2010

A few thoughts...

After a seemingly long week, one filled with bouts of depression, sprained ankles, slips in the mud, anxiety attacks, guilt, and other glorious things, I am going to take a minute to relax and reflect.

I would like to make a thankful list.

1. I am thankful for my sweet husband and my beautiful, sweet son.
2. I am thankful for wonderful friends and extended family who support me relentlessly.
3. I am thankful for the gospel of Jesus Christ
4. I am thankful that I live in this country.
5. I am thankful that I am relatively healthy, (the relatively part is my own fault)
6. I am thankful for my talents
7. I am thankful for people who read my blog, because it makes me feel that much more cared about!
8. I am thankful for my husband's job, and the money he is able to earn for our family.
9. I am thankful for education.
10. I am thankful for dreams.

I would like to make a list of things that make me smile and/or happy.

1. New nail polish
2. Good movies
3. Unexpected phone calls from friends.
4. Witnessing kindness.
5. Creating something.
6. Silly inside jokes, (as long as I'm on the inside)
7. Pajamas
8. Warm weather
9. Lip gloss
10. pedicures
11. Baby animals.
12. Homemade gluten-free oreo cookies
13. New socks
14. Scarves
15. Children laughing

I realize that my thankful list is smaller than my happy list, but maybe I should just combine them. They are really the same list.

I am so grateful that my son is healthy and happy. I can't explain the desperation I felt when he was so sick last year. I am glad we were able to figure it out, with the help of my Heavenly Father.

I have to say, that it breaks my heart to watch him crawl around to move right now. He's been walking for so long, it is strange to see him crawling again, and I just want to cry when I see him do it because I feel so bad that he is hurting and I can do nothing for him.

This post is really random, but my heart is just so full of gratitude and I needed to write it down.

With Love,
Suz

1 comment:

Olivia Carter said...

Great list, Susan. I know those times and I know those feelings so I'm glad you are fighting feeling down with a nice list of things that are great.

Can we come visit you? Would Ez be up for visitors some time this week? We could be fast? Text me!