Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Old West Hooker with a twist

My friend Olivia and I have been trying to figure out how to make these fancy hair accessories for a while, and I think I've done it.

Well, here is my first crack at trying to be fancy.

First I used some scrap satin that I had in my fabric stash to see if I could even ATTEMPT replicating what I had seen. This is what I came up with.





So, seeing as it seemed easier than I thought it would be, I went to the fabric store and purchased some "faux silk" at a FRACTION of the price Dobiani silk is, some feathers and tulle, and a few little stick on gems for a little bedazzlement.

I put them all together and this is what I got.







What do you think? Keep in mind it's my first attempt at this fancy stuff, so it's not going to be PERFECT. I think I will get a better feel for it as I go. I think this one kind of ended up looking like those hair accessories that the hookers in the old West used to wear. But, I like it.

However, I think this one turned out lovely in it's own way, and I think it would be pretty on a headband, don't you?

With Love,
Suz

1 comment:

Olivia Carter said...

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE IT!

Totally Can-Can Dancer HOT!