Tuesday, October 27, 2009

New Friends

Here is another post on being almost 30... Okay, so it's not really about that entirely.

A while ago, I was under the feeling and impression that I was too old to make or need new friends. I have what I have, and the effort it takes to meet new people is just more than I'm willing to expend.

However, I have decided lately that I am wrong. WRONG. W-R-O-N-G!

I will always love my old reliables, and no one can ever REPLACE my tried and true friends. But, what about other kindred spirits in this world that I'm not giving a fair chance?

I have decided to turn over a new leaf. Goodbye grumpy Suz. Hello new-outlook-on-life Suz! I am actively pursuing new friends. Applications are currently being accepted. The line starts here.

Now, in the last few years, I have become somewhat, socially awkward. I know, I know, it's so sad, and so shocking. But, I am poking my little turtle head out of it's comfortable shell, and looking around for others of my kind.

So, here's what you need to know about me:

1. I get lonely and bored at home all day, and need social interactions with adults.
2. I am silly.
3. Sometimes I'm reserved.
4. I love to laugh.
5. I am open to people of ALL walks of life.
6. I try not to judge others.
7. I love to sew and craft.
8. I just started knitting.
9. I LOVE movies.
10. I love to read, when I have time.
11. I am a generally happy person.
12. I am a good listener.
13. I love art and photography and would love someone to help me hone my skills! :)
14. I'm a mommy and a wifey.
15. I love to stomp in puddles.
16. I love to cook and bake.
17. I'm completely unorganized.
18. I'm often late, even though I don't like to be.
19. Sometimes I think about dying my hair red, or putting a fun stripe of color in the mix.
20. I talk a lot... which can be a good or bad thing.

Honestly, I'm looking for friends to help me get through the days and weeks of being an at home mommy, who don't mind if at times, without thinking, I answer their questions in song. (I sometimes sing what I say to Ezra... he thinks it's funny).

Since deciding to change my old, lame ways, I have hung out with Miss Olivia a few times, and I must say that she is a hoot. Our kiddos seem to get along pretty well, and I hope she has as much fun as I do hanging out! She is one of the most individual people, with a unique (and AWESOME!) style and fun demeanor that I have met! She is truly a genuine person and I am glad she is willing to hang out with me! :) Olivia! Just a side note, I would love to go to DI or Savers with you to find some forgotten treasures! :)

I am also trying to be more proactive in involving others who seem to need more interactions as well. You never know how good of a friend a person might be unless you give it a go!

I am enjoying my new lease on friendship and am hoping to expand my fun!

No comments: