Monday, April 26, 2010

I know I'm not the only one...

I know I am not the only person around that is grateful for beautiful, wonderful, loving, caring friends. I am so thankful I have them in my life.

I was raised an only child, and so I didn't have brothers and sisters growing up. I kind of adopted other people as my "siblings." Perhaps that is why it affects me so much when we "grow apart."

Anyway, in the last few days, I have felt overwhelming love from my friends, and I have to say that I just feel so blessed to have good people in my life who care about me and are willing to overlook how ridiculous I can be, and still be there for me! Wow. I am just so so so thankful.

Now, I love my family too. Do not get me wrong. But this post is about my friends.

Have you ever heard, "Friends are the family you get to choose?" ha ha. I always thought that was really funny, but it's so fitting. Some of my closest friends I consider family.

So, thank you friends, for being there for me. For calling when I need it, or texting, or instant messaging or facebooking, or whatever it is we do... For forgiving me when I have a lapse in control and mental function... For making me laugh and cry... For sharing your joys and your sorrows... For lending me books and knowing what's good for me... For going to the park in the afternoons... For giving my photography shout outs on Facebook... For giving me advice, and taking mine. ha ha. For loving me unconditionally and understanding that I am human, and I suck sometimes. I love you I love you I love you!

With Love,
Suz

1 comment:

Olivia Carter said...

I know how you feel about friends! Again, being an only child!