Tuesday, January 18, 2011

What I've been up to lately...

So, I've been pretty absent from this old blog for a while now... sorry lovelies. I've been trying to keep busy. I finished my last photo session of 2010, and then, it's been quiet. I have a potential new wedding client, but that won't be until March if I get the job. So, what is a (sorta) out of work photographer to do?

(All of these pictures have been made possible by the use of one of my fabulous Christmas presents from husband: My new SPEEDLIGHT! )

Well...

I've rekindled my love for knitting,


taught myself to knit in the round,


taught myself a new stitch (the gorgeous HERRINGBONE) by knitting myself an oversized cowl,


began crocheting a new scarf for my sweetheart out of fisherman's wool,


rediscovered my favorite book, and said goodbye to my favorite snack,


found a surprise inside the book that makes me laugh, 
saved an almost perfect train table from an untimely death by trashcan, (and thereby cinching my mother of the year award)... did I mention it was FREE?...


ordered some new music from some old favorites,


and downloaded MATT AND KIM'S SIDEWALKS ALBUM, (that was all caps, because I can't express without shouting how wonderful this album is) Hellogoodbye's Would it Kill you? Album, and all of the Pomplamoose stuff I could find, (no pictures on this one, sorry)...


decided that KID TO KID really is the happiest place for parents on a budget but who love expensive shoes,

 VANS WITH VELCRO! ($4.99)

A nod to my high school days with these kid size purple doc martens! ($5.99)

found some gems at ROSS DRESS FOR LESS and TJMAXX, (including but not limited to an enamel coated cast iron casserole dish that I've wanted for ages, and it just so happens to be in cobalt... and some new chucks for cheap)...



found a new gluten free/dairy free cookbook that makes me want to live in the kitchen, 




got a new work station, 



am still learning how to use my Christmas present from the Mr... (yep that's my Rolleicord Va Type 1!!!)...


 I also decided that I HATE blogger, because I had to pay $5 for 20 GB of storage because the Bass turds (What? Fish poop is gross but it's not a bad word) said I ran out of storage space. Whatevs. 

I wanted to do some mobile uploads of my mommy-son date tonight at CUPCAKE CHIC in Orem. But we still live in the cheap dark ages where we don't have cell phones with data plans, so Sprint charges us up the wazoo for sending photos to email... 

Back to Cupcake Chic... They are currently the ONLY cupcake bakery that I know of that sells Gluten Free cupcakes. Z ordered a chocolate one, (they only had two cupcakes left - chocolate and red velvet) and we sat down to test it out... the verdict? 

Well, I tried a bite of it, and I will say that Z scarfed up the frosting, which to me tasted like sugary shortening... not my favorite flavor... and wasn't really in to the cupcake part, because it was pretty dry and crumbly... not my favorite texture... but it tasted OKAY... not great. The upside is that it only cost $2.25, which is kind of a rip off, but not for specialty stuff. 

But I am giving major MAJOR kudos to these guys for trying what everyone else seems to be scared of trying! 

Also on a side note... PIZZA PIE CAFE (my local favorite) is selling GLUTEN FREE PIZZA now! :) And it's pretty dang good... I think I would like it better if had a different texture, but I am not going to be a whiner. I'm just stoked I can eat at my favorite pizza place again! 

I have added to my no eats list. Currently I am gluten (duh) free, DAIRY (oy) free, and SUGAR (yeah you heard that right) free... So my diet is restricted, but it's okay. I am not only losing weight, (yep, it's true!) I am feeling better, and I am actually regulating my insulin resistance problem which means there might (PRAY FOR US PLEASE!) be a chance we will be adding another baby to this family this year... which would be, well, in one word... A-MAY-ZING.

So, I am going to do better about blogging... well, I'll try. :) 

Thanks for reading! 

With Love, 
Suz



3 comments:

heather telford photography said...

I am sp amazed by the knitting thing, you are a very well rounded talented person.. Good job on the weight loos too, Jeff is doing so good he went through a case of spinach in one week.. LOL

Olivia Carter said...

Jealous of knitting! I SO WANT TO LEARN!

Love the train table- can't wait to bring the boy over to play with it too!

And love all the finds- love good cheap finds!

And congrats on the weight loss!

Kristie said...

Wow, you are doing a lot!

Knitting, super cool. If only I could remember how to do it.

Love a deal! Super fun finds, amazing!

And way to go with the self control on no sugar. I am not so good at that! Impressive!

Can't wait to see what this new year brings for you.